Sukkot is all about stuffed food and what could be better than preparing a homemade stuffed cabbage. It is also a custom to serve stuffed cabbage during Simchat Torah since the shape of the stuffed cabbage is similar to the Torah scrolls. Here’s a simple stuffed cabbage recipe which is easy to make.
- You will need one big cabbage. For the filling, prepare one pound of ground beef, half a cup uncooked rice, two and a half tablespoon of cooking oil, minced onion, two cloves garlic, minced, and one egg, beaten.
- For the sauce, you will need two tablespoon flour, a 46 oz can of tomato juice, four tablespoon of tomato paste, three tablespoon cooking oil, half a cup of sugar, two bay leaves, salt, a large apple which is already peeled and sliced, and one fourth cup of raisins.
- The first step is to boil the cabbage. In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for the filling and mix well.
- Stuff some filling into the peeled cabbage leaves and roll cabbage.
- Heat some oil in a pan, put some flour and add the rest of the ingredients. Boil for five minutes.
- Add the cabbage rolls one by one. Cook this on low fire for 2 hours. You can add water if necessary.
- Serve hot.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- jewish stuffed cabbage rolls (9)
- jewish stuffed cabbage (9)
- stuffed cabbage jewish (8)
- what to serve with stuffed cabbage (6)
- stuffed cabbage for sukkot (4)
- easy stuffed cabbage (4)
- best jewish stuffed cabbage recipe (4)
- sukkot holiday 2010 (4)
- stuffed cabbage israel (3)
- Israeli stuffed cabbage images (2)
- how to make JEWISH STUFFED CABBAGE (2)
- sukkot art (2)
- sukkot recipes (2)
- stuffed cabbage rolls for sukkot (1)
- stuffed cabbage rolls jewish (1)
- stuffed cabbage rolls (1)
- stuffed cabbage recipe easy jewish (1)
- stuffed cabbage on succot (1)
You might also like: