Serving fried food during Hanukkah has been part of Jewish tradition. It is during this time of the year that we cook latkes, sufganiyot, fritters and other Hanukkah foods. Here’s a simple latke recipe that’s low-fat for those who want to stay healthy this Hanukkah.
- For this recipe you will need 4 teaspoons of canola oil, four peeled potatoes, ¾ cup of chopped onion, one fourth cup of all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of salt, one fourth teaspoon of ground pepper, one beaten egg and egg white beaten lightly.
- Brush two baking sheets with oil. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grate potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the onions, salt, pepper and flour. Add the egg as well as the egg white and the canola oil. Toss all the ingredients.
- Drop the mixture into the cookie sheets using a tablespoon. Bake the latkes for ten minutes.
- Flip the latkes and bake for an additional five minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with a non-fat sour cream.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- how to make low fat latkas (3)
- low fat hanukkah (2)
- how to make low fat latkes (2)
- fat latkes (2)
- haidees food (2)
- how to make lowfat latkas (1)
- hanukkah food latkes potato (1)
- best lowfat latkes (1)
- best low fat latkes recipe (1)
- best latke recipe food network (1)
You might also like: