Tzimmes is a traditional Jewish dish made from carrots, sweet potatoes and dried fruits and is usually prepared during Sukkot and Rosh Hashanah. Carrots symbolize the good deeds that we will continue to do in the coming year. Preparing Tzimmes is easy. You can even make your own version and add other ingredients to make it more flavorful.
- Wash and peel the carrots and potatoes.
- Boil water in a pot and put the peeled carrots and sweet potatoes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put a little oil on the baking dish.
- Drain the boiled carrots and potatoes. Put them on the baking dish together with some prunes.
- Combine 1 cup of orange juice, one half cup of honey, a half teaspoon salt, and one fourth teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour the casserole into the mixed seasoning.
- Top it with some margarine.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir and continue baking uncovered for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- best jewish site for tzimmes (2)
- israeli tsimmes (1)
- sweet potato tzimmes (1)
- Traditional Jewish tsimmes (1)
You might also like: