Jewish Choco Babka is a sweet treat for Jewish holidays. The kids will surely enjoy this dessert filled with cinnamon or melted chocolate. Babka is of Eastern European Jewish origin and is made of yeast dough baked in a high loaf pan.
- For this recipe, you will need half a cup of warm water, half an ounce of dry yeast, five cups of white flour, two and a half cups of sugar, two cups of butter, four eggs, one half cup of cocoa powder, and one half cup of chocolate (choco chips or sliced milk chocolates).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, a teaspoon of sugar and water. Heat the mixture for at least ten minutes or until bubbles start to form.
- Add flour, half cup butter, three eggs, one egg white, and one half cup of sugar to the mixture. Mix it well until all ingredients are combined.
- Allow the dough to rise, covering it for two to four hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine two cups of sugar, cocoa and the rest of the butter. Mix well. This will serve as the choco filling.
- Slice the dough into four pieces. Roll each piece on a floured board to a 10×7 inch rectangle. Spread the chocolate filling and chocolate chips or sliced chocolates and roll them lengthwise.
- Twist two pieces together and put it in a greased pan. Repeat procedure for the remaining dough.
- Beat an egg yolk and brush this on top of the babkas. Sprinkle the babkas with confectioner’s sugar.
- Bake the babkas for forty five minutes or until they are brown in color.
- Serve hot with your favorite beverage.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- israeli babka (7)
- plush arba minim (2)
- stuffed food symbolism judaism (2)
- hanukkah kids treats (2)
- Easy Recipe for Babka jewish (1)
- serve jewish babka (1)
- babka sukkot (1)
- origin of babkas (1)
- Jewish sweet treat (1)
- jewish babka dough (1)
- israeli babkah (1)
- choco jew (1)
- hanukkah treat babkah (1)
- eastern european babka chocolate (1)
- arba minim labelled (1)
You might also like: