The human body is a sacred creation of God. Jewish law requires total respect of our body and to honor it by dressing modestly. Although different branches of Judaism have diversities in dressing properly based on Jewish laws, there are, however, basic requirements to which all these variations conform.
- Married women should cover their hair when they are surrounded by men other than their husband. Customs may differ as to how much hair should show beneath the head covering.
- Wear skirts that are long enough to cover your knees when seated.
- Women should wear stockings so as not to expose their legs. Dark stockings are preferred. Men should not wear short pants.
- Clothing should not be too tight. It should not be revealing. Long sleeves that will cover the elbow is mandatory for women.
- Men should wear a yarmulke.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- ancient jewish women clothing (8)
- jewish standards of dress (7)
- Jewish Women dressing modestly pic (5)
- jewish dress standards (3)
- jewish standards (3)
- jewish dress standareds (2)
- jewish standards of clothing (2)
- how to dress according to jewish law (2)
- how to dress jewish (2)
- judaism dress standards (2)
- turkiye dresses (2)
- according to torah women and their dress (2)
- the standards of dress according to jewish law (2)
- jewish mourning clothes pictures (1)
- jewish standard of dressing (1)
- womens dress according to the torah (1)
- jewish standards for dress (1)
- why should i dress according to jewish standard (1)
You might also like: