Learning how to behave properly when inside the Jewish house of prayer and worship is very essential especially if it is your first time inside the synagogue.
- Dressing for a prayer service in the synagogue is the same as dressing up for other churches. Wear a nice formal dress. Men should wear their yarmulke (skullcap). Married women should put on a head covering (usually made of lace). Non-Jews should not wear a tallit (prayer shawl).
- Stand whenever the Ark (an edifice holding the torah) is open and every time the Torah is carried to and from the Ark.
- Never put holy books into the floor. Place it in your lap or in book holders found in the seats.
- Participate in the Jewish service. It is best to learn the Jewish liturgy prior to attending the prayer service to have a grasp of what is going on.
- Turn off your phone and avoid unnecessary activities inside the synagogue.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- jewish synagogue (1643)
- Jewish Synagogues (152)
- inside a jewish synagogue (131)
- Jewish Men (99)
- how to behave in a synagogue (92)
- synagogue inside (78)
- inside synagogue (73)
- inside jewish synagogue (63)
- inside of a synagogue (62)
- a jewish synagogue (61)
- Jewish temple (57)
- jewish synagogue inside (51)
- inside jewish temple (43)
- judaism synagogue (40)
- jews synagogue (30)
- jewish churches (29)
- pictures of jewish synagogues (23)
- images of jewish synagogues (22)
You might also like: