A synagogue is a Jewish house of prayer. The synagogue is also a beit midrash (house of study). Synagogues have libraries where members of the Jewish community come to study. Many religious and non- religious activities are also held in synagogues. Finding a local synagogue is easy when you know where to start your search.
- With the advent of the internet, looking for a local synagogue is easier. You can do an online search for the nearest synagogue. You can also look through the phone directory.
- Judaism has a number of congregations. Decide whether you would like to go to Conservative, Orthodox, Reconstructionists or Reform synagogues.
- Seek the assistance of your friends and people from your locality. Speak to them about the whereabouts of local synagogues.
- Visit the synagogue and participate in their prayer services. It is important to have a personal feel of the congregation and their practice. Go to as many synagogues as possible in your area so you would know which is right for you.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- locate a synagogue (12)
- staines synegogues to area (3)
- synagogue house of prayer (2)
- locate synagogue (2)
- finding a local synegogue (1)
- where to locate a synagogue (1)
- synagogue non religious activities (1)
- supporting your local synagogue (1)
- religions jewish at shul (1)
- locate a jewish synagogue (1)
- Local Jewish Synagogue (1)
- jewish synagogue locate (1)
- how to locate a jewish temple (1)
- where to locate ketubah reform in south africa (1)
You might also like: