A pushke or Tzedakah box is a small container used to collect money for charity. It is a Jewish obligation to give to the needy. A Jewish home won’t be complete without a Tzedakah box.
- Prepare an empty plastic lid. Clean it up with soap and water. Remove the paper label.
- Make sure that the lid is dry. To make a slot where you will insert money, cut a hole on the top plastic cap (half inch wide by one and one half inch long) using scissors.
- Make a collage out of old postcards, greeting cards, and photos.
- Using glue gun, attach the collages to your pushke.
- Embellish your pushke with a satin ribbon, and a Star of David charm.
- Be creative in designing your pushke. You can use decorative papers, crayons and other ornaments.
Visitors found this page by searching for:
- making tzedakah box (4)
- make tzedakah box (2)
- making tzedakah boxes (2)
- how to make a tzedakah box (2)
- tzedakah box (1)
- plastic tzedakah box (1)
- making a tzedakah box (1)
- make tzedakah boxes (1)
- build a tzedakah box (1)
- make a tzedakah box (1)
You might also like: