Mandel Bread or mandelbrot, which literally means almond bread is a Jewish favorite especially during Hanukkah. Mandelbrot is similar to a biscotti but slightly softer. This can be enjoyed with a cup of coffee or tea. It can also be snacked in between dreidel games.
- Combine 2/3 cup of oil, 1 cup sugar, and 2 eggs in a saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes while stirring continually.
- Mix 2 1/2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and one teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Combine the egg and flour mixture. Stir with a spoon until well blended.
- Put aluminum foil on a cookie sheet. Grease the cookie sheet.
- Divide the dough into three logs. Flatten the logs a bit to create a flat loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until light brown.
- You can sprinkle the Mandel bread with cinnamon sugar. You can also melt choco chips and pour it into the bread.
- Sprinkle almond nuts.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- best mandel bread (30)
- hanukkah bread (14)
- jewish mandel bread (7)
- chanukah bread (6)
- mandel bread jewish (6)
- how to wear a prayer shawl (6)
- jewish hanukkah bread (5)
- hanukkah mandel bread (5)
- jewish bread for hanukkah (5)
- hanukkah mandel breads (5)
- bread for hanukkah (4)
- how to bake bread (4)
- mandel bread (3)
- mandel bread soft in the middle (3)
- jewish coffee bread (3)
- mondal bread recipe (3)
- jewish almond bread (2)
- matzo mandel bread (2)
You might also like: