Building a sukkah is an integral component in celebrating Sukkot. We entertain family and friends, enjoy our meals and do other activities inside the sukkah during the week-long festival of Sukkot. It is only right that we make our sukkah as inviting as possible.
- Build your sukkah. Choose sturdy materials for the walls to protect you from sudden change of weather. The roof of your sukkah should be made only of organic materials. Leave some open space so that the stars are visible enough at night.
- Traditionally, the Sukkah is decorated with fruits and vegetables (corn, pumpkins, gourds, apples) to commemorate the bounty of the season. You can use artificial fruits and vegetables if you want to avoid insects from spoiling your decorations.
- Honor the season by choosing a harvest theme. Create food chains using eggplants, corns, berries and other materials. Just keep in mind that your decorations must survive the week-long Sukkot celebration. Aside from fruits and vegetables, you can also decorate your sukkah with flowers like pansies and sunflowers.
- You can also decorate your sukkah with New Years Cards. The Jewish graphics on these cards will add attraction to your sukkah. String it along with other decorations.
- Involve your children in decorating the sukkah. Give them some art materials so they could create mobiles. Use paper decorations, strings and coat hangers.
- Dress up your dinner table with attractive linens.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- sukkah decorating ideas (117)
- sukkah decoration ideas (61)
- ideas for decorating a sukkah (25)
- sukkah ideas (22)
- how to decorate a sukkah (20)
- sukkah decorations ideas (14)
- ideas for sukkah decorating (12)
- decorating sukkah ideas (11)
- festival decoration ideas (11)
- decorating a sukkah (8)
- decoration ideas for college fest (8)
- build a sukkah (8)
- Jewish decor (7)
- celebrating sukkot (5)
- sukkot decorating ideas (5)
- how to build a sukkot (5)
- building a sukkot (5)
- inside a sukkah (5)
You might also like: