Latkes or potato pancakes is a main entree in Jewish parties especially during Hanukkah. Latkes are made from onions and potatoes and are usually served with applesauce or sour cream. Here’s how to make them.
- Wash the potatoes and peel them. Slice the onions thinly.
- Grate the potatoes and onions and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Using a colander, squeeze excess water out of the potatoes. This is done to prevent your latkes from becoming soggy.
- Beat some eggs in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, onions, flour, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat some vegetable oil into your frying pan. Your stove should be at medium heat.
- When oil is hot enough, take a spoonful of your latke mixture and fry it in the frying pan. Use a spoon to flatten the patties. Fry the patties until both sides are crisp and brown.
- Using a paper towel, drain your latkes from excess oil. Serve with applesauce or sour cream. Enjoy!
Readers found more information by searching for:
- how to make potato pancakes (4)
- how do I make jewish potato pancakes (2)
- how to make latkes (2)
- how to make potato pancakes from scratch (2)
- potato latkes hanukkah (1)
- Latke Pancakes (1)
- jewish potato pancakes as entree (1)
- ashes potatoe pancakes (1)
- how to make jewish potato pancakes (1)
- hanukkah potato pancakes (1)
- potato pancakes jewish (1)
You might also like: