One of the reasons why children love Chanukah is because they look forward to receiving delicious chocolate gelts. Children love chocolates (and many adults too, for sure). As a kid, I have always looked forward to those sparkling, foil-wrapped chocolate coins my mom would buy during Chanukah.
This Chanukah, show your kids the sweetness of your love by making homemade chocolate gelts.
- You will need the following ingredients to make choco coins: a cup of milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips, a teaspoon of canola or corn oil, and half teaspoon of vanilla extract. You might also want to prepare some tiny candy sprinkles to garnish the gelt.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper into a sheet tray.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. When they are almost melted, add oil and vanilla extract and stir the chocolate mixture continuously.
- Remove the choco mixture from the boiler and allow it to cool for ten to fifteen minutes.
- When the chocolate is cool enough to hold, get a handful and shape it into a small ball.
- Put the chocolate balls into the parchment paper.
- Flatten the chocolate balls using your palm to shape it into small coins.
- Refrigerate the chocolate coins for at least thirty minutes to one hour.
- You can garnish the choco coins with candy sprinkles or wrap it in silver or gold foils.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- gelt (382)
- chocolate gelt (73)
- gelts (28)
- hanukkah chocolate coins (24)
- chanukah 2011 (13)
- how to make gelt (11)
- jewish chocolate coins (11)
- make your own gelt (10)
- making gelt (9)
- ханука (9)
- chocolate hanukkah gelt (8)
- how to make chocolate gelt (7)
- gelt chocolate (7)
- hanukkah chocolate (7)
- how to wrap chocolate coins (6)
- chanukah pictures (6)
- chanukah chocolate (6)
- chanukah coins (6)
You might also like: