A gelt hunt is an exciting game for children during Hanukkah. Playing games as part of the Hanukkah celebration is a great way to honor our Jewish history. Gelt can be in forms of chocolate coins wrapped in gold foils, real money or homemade sweet treats shaped as coins.
- Buy chocolate gelts. You can also bake cookies and shape them into coins or wrap money in gold paper.
- Hide the gelts around the house. Make sure the children are not around or you may spoil the game.
- Gather the kids and give them the gelt hunt instructions.
- Count each one’s coin after all the coins are found. The person with the most coin wins the hunt.
- You can ask the children to put the coins in a tzedakah box and donate the money to the needy.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- hanukkah (4531)
- gelt hunt (6)
- hunting for the gelt game (5)
- Hanukkah hunt (3)
- anna carmi rectangle tzedakah box (3)
- tzedachah houses resin (1)
- tzedaka on the last night of chanukah (1)
- tzedakah and hanukkah (1)
- reuven masel tzedakah box tz 31 (1)
- papier mache tzedakah box (1)
- hunting for gelt (1)
- hunt gelt (1)
- hunt for gelt (1)
- elegant wood tzedakah box (1)
- chanukkah gelt hunt (1)
- chanukah gelt hunt (1)
- What is gelt hunt (1)
You might also like: