Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech to the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee in Washington, D.C. on Monday night was interrupted by left-wing protesters who heckled him and criticized his policies toward the Palestinians.
Protesters from the group Move Over AIPAC, at least some of whom say they are Jewish, stood up, held up banners and made statements criticizing Israeli defense policies.
Israeli officials traveling abroad continue to be accosted by young protesters confronting them over Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians. Groups of Arab and Muslim students have disrupted speeches by Israeli officials on university campuses in the past, but recently some left-wing Jewish student groups have also joined the attacks.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- Hecklers interrupt Netanyahu (2)
- Netanyahu speech interrupted by hecklers (1)
- netanyahu aipac 2011 speech disrupted (1)
- name of heckler that interrupted netanyahu speech (1)
- aipac heckler (1)
- heckler during netanyahu\s speech (1)
- heckler during netanyahus speach (1)
- bryan stow beating (1)
- aipac netanyahu speech (1)
- which hecklers interepted netanyahu (1)
You might also like:
- Left and right clash at Tel Aviv rally to support Palestinian state
- Russian neo-Nazis rally in Moscow against Caucasus
- 80 Jews wounded during protest near Israel Embassy in Ethiopia
- Gaza flotilla crisis may disrupt 3 billion Turkey Israel trade channel
- U.S. Jews warn Israel not to get too cozy with Glenn Beck