A Jewish group says that Ethiopian police injured 80 Ethiopian Jewish protesters and arrested 80 more during a demonstration near the Israeli Embassy in Addis Ababa.
Hamse Sutotow, chairman of the Beta Israel Association, said 2,000 Ethiopian Jews gathered Wednesday at the Israeli Embassy. The protesters were demanding the right to Israeli citizenship.
Sutotow said he believes the police action was ordered directly or indirectly by the Israeli Embassy.
Ethiopian Jews in the past have mounted hunger strikes in the pursuit of being granted citizenship.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- ethiopian jews and passover in israel 2011 (2)
- 80 Jews wounded during protest at Israeli Embassy in Ethiopia -haaretz (1)
- ethiopian jews israel embassy (1)
- ethiopian jews pictures (1)
- israeli embassy in Addis ababa protesters (1)
- israeli embassy in ethiopia (1)
- Protest at Israeli embassy in Ethiopia march 2011 (1)
- Report: 80 Jews wounded during protest near Israel Embassy in Ethiopia (1)
- the end of israel is near (1)
You might also like:
- Israel refuses to pay medical bills for American-Jewish protester who lost eye
- Lieberman: Jerusalem is our eternal capital, it will never be divided
- Falashmura immigrants celebrate first Passover in Israel
- Police arrest more than 600 at Toronto summit
- Victory for Israel’s right as ‘Jewish state’ loyalty oath nears vote