A Hanukkah party is not complete without wine. Although Hanukkah is not a drinking holiday, many Jewish families celebrate this holiday with vintage reds or fruity whites.
- If you want to make sure that the wine is kosher, buy wines from Israel.
- As much as possible, order wines directly from a kosher winery. If you are not sure whether the winery produces kosher wine, seek the advice of a rabbi.
- Choose wines that will compliment your menu. Red wines go best with steaks and brisket while whites go well with dessert.
- Check the wine’s clearness. Cloudy wines are usually of inferior quality.
- If you are going to celebrate Hanukkah at a friend’s home, ask your friend what his favorite wine is. Most kosher wines nowadays can be bought in local wine stores making it easier for you to buy one.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- keeping kosher dresner (2)
- hanukkah party red or white wine (1)
- jewish wine haunakah (1)
- jewish wines for hannukah (1)
You might also like: