A German court has rejected a defense request to suspend John Demjanjuk’s trial over a declassified FBI report that cast doubt on the authenticity of key evidence.
The 1985 FBI file shows the agency believed a Nazi ID card purportedly showing Demjanjuk served as a death camp guard was fake. A defense attorney sought a postponement so he could examine the new material. Judge Ralph Alt said Thursday that a story by The Associated Press on the file does not offer any grounds for a suspension.
Read more: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Judge Orders Demjanjuk to Appear in Court
- Demjanjuk says he’s too sick for trial
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange WILL be extradited to Sweden to face sex attack allegations, judge rules
- U.S. judge dismisses defamation lawsuit by former AIPAC official
- Holocaust survivor’s wish to be buried at Treblinka fulfilled