This year the two days of the Rosh HaShanah holiday, Thursday and Friday, are followed by the Sabbath (Shabbat), creating a three-day weekend for Jews around the world.
Hebrew calendar days begin from the previous evening; therefore, in accordance with Jewish Law, Arutz Sheva staff will be offline until the end of Shabbat, on Saturday night.
Special foods are served at the holiday meal, including an apple dipped in honey to signify a “sweet new year.” Various other dishes are also served throughout the festival meals, symbolizing blessings for fertility, victory over our enemies, strength and being at the “head and not the tail” (“rosh” in Hebrew is head), among others.
Read More: @ israelnationalnews.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- протоколы сионских мудрецов читать (25)
- zimra (22)
- pictures of 17 year old pretty blonde girls (9)
- ideas for a book themed bat mitzvah (7)
- баал (6)
- funny holocuast jokes clean (5)
- judaism pictures and symbols (5)
- what i memes (5)
- monkey eating soup (4)
- hebrew isrealite wedding ceremony (4)
- kids crafts for sukkot pictures (4)
- recycling decorating ideas wall (3)
- jewish war crimes (3)
- niall horan imagines pregnant fight (3)
- funny holocuast jokes clean version (3)
- New US Warships Pictures (2)
- Moses Slaying the Egyptian (2)
- Islamic Dress for Women by sect (2)
You might also like: