John Demjanjuk says he’s in too much pain to follow his trial on charges he served as a guard at a Nazi death camp.
The 90-year-old told the Munich state court in a rare statement Tuesday that he belongs “in the hospital and not the courtroom.”
The retired Ohio autoworker originally from Ukraine is standing trial on 28,060 counts of accessory to murder for allegedly having been a guard at Sobibor in occupied Poland. He denies ever having been a guard anywhere.
Read More: @ zimbio.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Judge Orders Demjanjuk to Appear in Court
- Bloodbath Suspect Maksim Gelman Indicted In Manhattan
- 50 years later, new data surfaces about Eichmann trial
- NYC Cabdriver Stabbed After Telling Passenger He Was Muslim, Police Say
- Staring into camera with a terrifying smile, the chilling mugshot of Tucson shooting suspect Jared Loughner