The founder of whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, will be extradited to Sweden to answer sex attack allegations, a judge has ruled.
The 39-year-old Australian is accused of sexually assaulting one woman and raping another during a week-long visit to Stockholm in August.
He denies any wrongdoing and has sought to fight the case on the grounds that if he is sent to Sweden, he could ultimately be sent to the U.S. where he claims he could face the death penalty for leaking diplomatic secrets.
Read More: @ dailymail.co.uk
You might also like:
- New York – Governor Faces $96,375 Fine for Accepting 5 Free Yankee Tickets
- Rockland Bans Trans Fats at Food Establishments
- WikiLeaks dispatch: Iran’s Khamenei has terminal cancer
- Demjanjuk says he’s too sick for trial
- No flights until 7am: UK airport terminals deserted after giant volcanic ash cloud turns Britain into a no-fly zone