The Rockland County Legislature has voted to ban the use of artificial trans fats in food items prepared or served at food establishments, including school cafeterias. The legislation passed 12-to-5 Tuesday night. If signed by County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef, it would go into effect Jan. 1. Violators would face a penalty of $1,000 per day.
Read More: @ nbcnewyork.com
You might also like:
- Rubashkin to be Moved Back to Linn Co. Jail to meet kosher needs
- Times Square Bomb Suspect Faisal Shahzad to Make 1st Court Appearance
- Boca Raton, FL – Jewish State Senator Wins House Race In Special Election
- India court convicts main Mumbai terror attack suspect
- Chabad-Lubavitch emissary’s Budapest house stoned during Passover Seder