Hanukkah is not just a great time to remember God and appreciate all the blessings he has given us but is also a perfect opportunity to spend quality time with our family. There are many activities that the family can do during Hanukkah. Even the basic Hanukkah traditions like lighting the candles and saying the Hanukkah prayers are opportunities to spend time with the family.
- Decorate the house for Hanukkah with your whole family. Have the kids make Hanukkah decorations as a project and allow them to help you in setting up the holiday table.
- Make your gift giving activity a family activity by bringing them along when you shop for gifts. Organize an exchange gift activity at home.
- Cook the Hanukkah meals with your family.
- Play dreidel and Jewish board games with your family. You can also organize a gelt hunt for the children.
- Light the Hanukkah menorah together and recite the prayers as a family. Share the story of the miracle of Hanukkah to your kids. Sing Hanukkah songs with the entire family.
- Have each of the children donate gifts to their chosen Jewish charity.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- jewish family hanukkah (41)
- hanukkah family (29)
- family celebrating hanukkah (16)
- Hanukkah safety tips (9)
- chanukah celebration (8)
- hanukkah celebration blog (4)
- hanukkah and family (4)
- hanukkah prayers (4)
- family hanukkah celebrations (3)
- HANUKKAH celebration FAMILY (2)
- pictures of hanukkah celbration (2)
- pictures of family celebrating hanukkah (2)
- hanukkah family tradition (2)
- what to cook for hanukkah (2)
- how to organize gift giving activities (2)
- jewish celebration of hanukkah (2)
- saying for hanukkah (2)
- family hanukkah tips (2)
You might also like: