Lighting the Hanukkah menorah is part of Jewish tradition. Here are a some guidelines you need to know before lighting a menorah at home:
- It is most ideal for the Hanukkah to be placed outside the main door where everyone can see it to show everyone the miracle of Hanukkah.
- The menorah should be positioned on the left side of the doorpost. Since the mezuzah is placed on the right side, a person entering the door will be surrounded by mitzvot. However, if there is no mezuzah on the main entrance, you can put the menorah on the right side of the door.
- If you live in an apartment building, you can light the menorah inside the house near a window that faces the street.
- Place the menorah by a window where the maximum number of people can see it. Publicizing the miracle is an important part in fulfilling the mitzvah.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- MENORAH GUIDELINES (16)
- menorah lighting guidelines (5)
- menorah lighting rules (3)
- Why place Menorah on left side of door? (3)
- hanukkah outside (2)
- how to light menorah in apartment building (2)
- Order of lighting of the hanukkah menorah (2)
- chanukah lighting menorah (2)
- lighting menorah in an apartment building (2)
- lighting menorah in window (2)
- lighting of menorah (2)
- hanukkah menorah australia (2)
- hanukkah lighting (2)
- hanukkah guidelines (2)
- hanukkah menorah in window (2)
- Guidelines for Lighting a Menorah (2)
- menorah in the window (1)
- menorah in house of mourning (1)
You might also like: