Space shuttle Endeavor ended its last mission with a safe return to Cape Canaveral in Wednesday’s pre-dawn darkness.
Commander Mark Kelly – whose wounded wife Rep. Gabrielle Giffords remained in a Houston rehab center during the landing – noted the craft’s enduring “legacy.”
“Your landing ends a vibrant legacy for this amazing vehicle that will be long remembered,” he said. “It’s sad to see her land for the last time but she has a great legacy.”
Endeavor touched down at the same time the shuttle Atlantis was moved to the launch pad for the final mission of the entire shuttle program. Liftoff is scheduled for July 8.
Read More: @ nydailynews.com
You might also like:
- Accused synagogue slaughter plotter is actually a falsely-accused proud American, lawyer says
- State Police rabbi’s ‘official’ plates under fire
- New Orleans runs $5m anti-British campaign – paid for by BP
- The Rebuilding Of Old Siget By Satmar Chasidim
- Kiryas Joel Hatzolah Member Arrested & Given 21 Tickets While Responding To Emergency