Police have banned secular university students from protesting in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood, days after allowing right-wing Jewish exremists to demonstrate in an Arab town, Channel 10 reported Tuesday.
Students had sought permission to protest proposed legislation to bypass a ruling by the Supreme Court, which overnturned a law that guaranteed funding exclusively to religious students.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Supreme Court rebukes Shin Bet for ‘isolating’ alleged Jewish terrorists
- Police arrest Women of the Wall leader for praying with Torah scroll
- State seeks to maintain Yigal Amir’s solitary confinement
- Cyclist, son of retired supreme court justice, killed in hit-and-run accident
- South Africa to reinstate Israel envoy, after recalled over Gaza flotilla