South Africa has decided to reinstate its ambassador to Israel nearly two months after recalling him to protest the deadly naval raid on a Turkish-flagged ship carrying aid to the Gaza Strip, AFP reported on Tuesday. In its statement to that effect, the South African foreign ministry said that it would still support calls for international probe into the commando raid that killed nine Turkish citizens on May 31.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Israel transfers hundreds of Gaza flotilla activists to airport for deportation
- Turkey summons Israeli envoy over Barak’s comments
- UN Security Council members urge Israel to lift Gaza siege
- Obama pressured Israel and Turkey to hold secret talks
- Gaza flotilla crisis may disrupt 3 billion Turkey Israel trade channel