A massive fire broke out in a second floor of an apartment building on Carroll Street, just as families were sitting down for their Yom Tov meals. It took firefighters nearly a half hour to douse the intense blaze.
The fire broke out in the second floor of 1365 Carroll Street, which is on the corner of Kingston Avenue, in the apartment of an older man on Sunday, the first day of Shavuot at around 2:35pm.
According to eyewitnesses bright orange flames and plumes of black smoke came pouring out of the kitchen window in the inner courtyard of the building. One man sprung into action and climbed up the fire escape in attempt to help trapped residents in the building.
Read More: @ crownheights.info
Readers found more information by searching for:
- fire 1365 carroll st brooklyn (2)
- 1365 carroll street brooklyn fire (1)
- brooklyn fire 1365 carroll st (1)
- FIRE 5/27/12 1365 CARROLL STREET BROOKLYN (1)
You might also like:
- Fire Ravages Popular Jewish Manhattan Deli
- Kids Escape Brooklyn Fire By Jumping From Window
- Firefighters Honored by Congregation Yetev Lev Satmar for Saving Torahs in Synagogue Fire
- Orthodox Jews save Somali boy from fire
- Fast-Acting Passerby Saves Brooklyn Synagogue From Arsonist Attack In Broad Daylight