Slowly readjusting: Gilad Shalit, accompanied by his father Noam, left his Galilee hometown of Mitzpe Hila for a few hours on Saturday morning, for the first time since his release from Hamas captivity on Tuesday.
Shalit was released after nearly five and a half years in captivity.
On Saturday afternoon, the family issued a short statement saying that Gilad spent the weekend seeing friends and getting reacquainted with his old hobbies. “Family and friends are slowly introducing Gilad to the current reality, different things in the world of computers etc. He’s also been reading newspapers.”
Read More: @ ynetnews.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Gilad Shalit begins new life
- Gilad Shalit reunites with family at IDF base following return to Israel
- Shalit family to PM: Your refusal to free Gilad signs his death sentence
- Peres: I’m convinced Gilad Shalit will return home alive and well
- Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twerski Shares Timely Thoughts on Gilad Shalit’s Release