Becoming Jewish is a truly life-changing decision. The conversion is a serious act. Converting to Judaism would mean dropping the religious beliefs and customs of your previous religion. Your relationship with your family and friends may change. Your lifestyle will also change. If, after serious consideration, you still want to become one, here are a few things you need to do:
- Learn the Jewish laws, customs and history. Read Jewish books, talk to Jewish people. Judaism is a serious commitment and it is important that you know what you are getting into.
- Talk to your family about your decision to embrace the Jewish faith. Not everyone will be happy with your conversion. It is of much importance to explain to them why you want to embrace the Jewish religion. Assure them that you are comfortable with your decision.
- Attend the Jewish religious service.
- Observe the Ten Commandments.
- When you feel that you have the right reasons for converting, see a Rabbi and discuss the process with him.
- The conversion won’t be that easy. Before the actual conversion, you will have to go through a lot of process. You will have to spend a year studying Judaism and living a Jewish life.
- It will also be helpful if you will learn some knowledge of Hebrew since you will be reading prayer books and learning the Torah.
- When you are ready for the conversion, you will be immersed in a Mikveh (ritual bath). Uncircumcised males will undergo circumcision before the immersion (Brit Milah). A minor procedure (Hatafat dam brit) will be done for those already circumcised.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- jewish beliefs (105)
- judism (91)
- judaism pictures (73)
- pictures of judaism (49)
- judaizmas (34)
- judaisme (24)
- images of judaism (20)
- beliefs of judaism (19)
- jews beliefs (18)
- judasim (18)
- Judiasm (17)
- agama Yahudi (14)
- conversion to judaism (12)
- judaism images (10)
- jewish religion beliefs (9)
- juadism (8)
- Beliefs in Judaism (7)
- judaism pics (7)
You might also like: