A Belgian court in the city of Antwerp has forced a Jewish Orthodox school for girls, affiliated with the Belz Hasidic dynasty, to admit the two sons of a radical anti-Zionist haredi man, local and Jewish media worldwide report.
The ruling ends a long saga in which the city’s different Jewish schools refused to accept the sons of Moshe Aryeh Friedman, although most educational institutions in Belgium – including the Jewish Orthodox ones – are subsidized by the Flemish Ministry of Education and therefore subjected to the laws of the state.
According to reports in different media outlets, led by the Gazet van Antwerpen newspaper, the Belgian judge ordered the “Bnos Yerushalayim” school to admit Friedman’s two sons – seven-year-old Yosef and 11-year-old Yaakov – within five days, or pay a fine of thousands of euro per child for each day they are not allowed to study in the school.
The court’s ruling is temporary until a final decision is made in regards to the two children ahead of the next school year.
Read More: @ ynetnews.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- antwerp fridman (3)
- belgium belz school saga (2)
- friedman en belze school (2)
- friedman antwerp belz (2)
- man forces sons into antwerp girls school (2)
- friedman beze school (2)
- boys at belz girls school (2)
- BELZ GIRL SCHOOL ANTWERP (2)
- the friedman boys in belz school (2)
- school belz antwerpen fridman (2)
- pictures of jewish boys in girls school in belgium (1)
- friedmann antwerpen girls scool (1)
- www newsantwerp (1)
- gazet van antwerpen belz schhol (1)
- jewish paper antwerp (1)
- school belz in antwepen friedman (1)
- moshe aryeh friedman antwerpen (1)
- school belz antwerpen friedman (1)
You might also like: