The overthrow of the Tunisian government last week led 20 local Jews to make aliyah to Israel this week. The six families, which decided to immigrate to the Jewish state following the fearful situation in Tunisia, were brought over in a complex operation involving many bodies, including the Jewish Agency, Absorption Ministry, Foreign Ministry, Interior Ministry and several different countries.
The new olim arrived to Israel via a third country and were welcomed by Absorption Ministry representatives, who accompanied them along the absorption process.
Read More: @ ynetnews.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Israel transfers hundreds of Gaza flotilla activists to airport for deportation
- Iran confirms ‘goodwill’ offer to let world powers tour nuclear sites
- Falashmura immigrants celebrate first Passover in Israel
- Gov’t to offer Tunisian Jews more absorption packages
- Foreign Ministry Upgrades Warnings to Israelis: Leave Egypt