A federal judge who participated in controversial court hearings after the huge immigration raid in Postville says the 2008 legal proceedings were “a travesty.”
District Judge Mark Bennett, who sentenced 57 of the 389 immigrant workers arrested at the Agriprocessors meatpacking plant, makes his allegations in a new documentary film about the raid’s aftermath.
Critics, including defense lawyers and immigrant advocates, have long contended the Guatemalan and Mexican workers were unfairly pressured into pleading guilty to criminal charges in mass hearings a few days after the raid.
Read More: @ yiddishnayes.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- New Evidence Shows Judge Reade Unlawfully Presided Over Rubashkin Trial, Participated In Raid Planning
- Times Square Bomb Suspect Faisal Shahzad to Make 1st Court Appearance
- Wife Who Hired Cousin to Kill Husband Appeals Conviction
- Judge denies new trial for Rubashkin
- We Are Defending His Rights Not His Actions; Levi Aron Lawyers