On Monday, just two weeks after a big demonstration sparked by an incident in which an ultra-Orthodox man spat at a local 8-year-old girl dressed “immodestly,” another student at Beit Shemesh’s Orot state religious school was targeted by Haredi teens on the short walk home from school.
The victim this time was a third-grader, whose parents asked to identify him only as A. He was surrounded by a group of boys who shouted and spit at him and then threw a large rock in his direction that hit him in the back.
The boy’s father, Jeff Klein, a new immigrant from the United States, relates the events his son relayed to him. As the boy was walking home from school alone, around five boys approached him and started shouting at him.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Are These Not Jewish Children?
- Egged Bus Company Returns To Mea She’arim – With Police Aboard
- Israeli group urges yellow pages to boot businesses advertising Jewish-only labor
- Chabad-Lubavitch emissary’s Budapest house stoned during Passover Seder
- Sexual abuse case sheds light on Emmanuel’s ethnic tensions