While Twitter tries to work out how to make money, a Spaniard has sold his username on the site for a six-figure sum.
In 2007 Israel Meléndez set up a Twitter account under his first name. This year he was approached by the state of Israel, which wanted to buy @Israel from him for a quantity of dollars that, he told Spain’s Público newspaper, included “five zeroes”.
Read More: @ guardian.co.uk
You might also like:
- Fayyad to request $5 billion to launch Palestinian state
- Israel denies report it offered nuclear weapons to apartheid South Africa
- Iran will build uranium enrichment centers, nuclear chief says
- New Orleans runs $5m anti-British campaign – paid for by BP
- MI5 believed Jewish underground wanted to assassinate Churchill