More than 100 residents joined Councilman David G. Greenfield and Assemblyman William Colton to clean a 25-block stretch of Bay Parkway on Sunday, as part of the ongoing effort to beautify Bensonhurst and improve the quality of life for all residents throughout the district. The large turnout, which included volunteers from several local groups, worked together to remove dozens of bags of trash from this important commercial stretch and make it more attractive for shoppers and local residents.
“I am thrilled that so many residents came out, rolled up their sleeves and helped beautify their neighborhood. By working together, we were able to make a huge difference in just a few hours. I look forward to this cleanup becoming an annual event as we continue our efforts to make Bensonhurst an even greater place to live. My thanks to all the community members that joined us on Sunday and showed their neighborhood pride,” said Greenfield.
Read More: @ yidishnayes.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Greenfield Presents New Trucks to Brooklyn Sanitation Garage to Clear Snow
- No sex segregation in Mea Shearim
- Boro Park – Greenfield Took Part in the Burning of the Chametz
- NYC Council members Host Emergency Meeting With Yeshiva Administrators To Try To Save Priority 7
- Greenfield Calls On Yeshivas To Register Parents To Vote