A Middle East diplomat sparked a bomb scare and a full-scale security alert on Wednesday night after he fired up a cigarette in the bathroom of a cross-country flight.
Two jet fighters were scrambled to meet the United Airlines flight, President Obama was alerted and scores of police officers and FBI and Homeland Security Department officials mobilized to meet the plane.
Read more: @ nydailynews.com
You might also like:
- Airline Apologizes for ‘Tefflin’ Scare
- Pilots lock down cockpit over tefillin
- ‘Greatest tragedy in Poland’s post-War history’
- Air steward tackles Yemeni passenger battering on cockpit, shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ as plane comes in to land at San Francisco
- ADL calls to educate flight crew on Jewish religious practices