For some in the Jewish community, Hurricane Irene was a soggy inconvenience.
But for others, it became a moment to extend a helping hand – in at least one case, tragically.
David Reichenberg, a 50-year-old Orthodox Jewish father of four from Spring Valley, New York died saving a father and his 6-year-old son from a downed power line when Reichenberg came into contact with the live wire and was electrocuted. He was one of two Jews reportedly killed in the storm.
Read More: @ jpost.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Electrocuted Irene Victim Loses Fight for Life
- U.K. extends Rosh Hashanah greetings, hopeful for Israeli-Palestinian peace
- Inventor of the aircraft “black box” dies at 85
- U.S. unveils Arlington memorial for Jewish military chaplains
- I’ll raise my children as Jewish says the star who ‘doesn’t believe in religion’