Two pro-Palestinian American activists were denied entry to Israel after they landed at Ben Gurion Airport from Athens overnight Thursday as part of the “air flotilla.”
The two told border officials that they had originally planned to take part in the Gaza sea flotilla, but due to delays, they opted to join the “air flotilla.”
As a result, authorities refused to grant them entry and the two were forced to return to Greece.
Authorities had decreased the amount of forces operating at the airport overnight Thursday after being notified that the number of pro-Palestinian activists set to arrive in the flotilla was smaller than initially expected. However, security forces were again increased early Friday morning in preparation for further arrivals expected throughout the day.
Read More: @ jpost.com
You might also like:
- Israel transfers hundreds of Gaza flotilla activists to airport for deportation
- Israel refuses to pay medical bills for American-Jewish protester who lost eye
- Turkey Boycotts Holocaust Conference in Jerusalem
- Ground collision causes disruptions on Delta’s New York-Tel Aviv route
- Hamas official hints Israel killed Italian activist to intimidate future Gaza flotilla members