European rabbis urged the Vatican on Wednesday to suspend unity talks with an ultra-traditionalist Catholic rebel society until the movement pledged to fight what they called anti-Semitism in its ranks.
The Conference of European Rabbis said Bishop Richard Williamson – already known for publicly denying the Holocaust – and the head of the splinter group in France had recently revived the age-old accusation that Jews killed Jesus.
The statement came as the dissident Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX) considered a final offer from the Vatican to end their 23-year split and reintegrate the rebels who firmly reject modernizing reforms the Catholic Church made in the 1960s.
Read More: @ ynetnews.com
You might also like:
- Jewish leaders dismayed by Benedict’s defense of Nazi-era pope
- Ahead of Easter, thousands mark holy fire rite in Jerusalem
- Pastor converts to Judaism and becomes rabbi.
- Mormon church build massive one mile square ‘little Jerusalem’ film set in Utah
- Poland asks Jews for forgiveness on 70th anniversary of Yedvabne massacre