The lawyer for U.S. contractor Alan Gross, who is in jail in Cuba, rejected on Thursday claims by Havana that he is in good health and renewed allegations by the man’s relatives that his condition is worsening, AFP reported.
On Wednesday, a Cuban foreign ministry official, Josefina Vidal, insisted that the 63-year-old Gross, who has spent nearly three years in prison, is in good health, prompting a denunciation from the American’s lawyer.
“First, Ms. Vidal has never met Alan,” attorney Jared Genser said in a statement quoted by AFP.
“She is in no position to offer an opinion about his health situation when she has never taken the time to enquire about his health from him. I would urge her to go meet Alan directly.”
Read More: @ israelnationalnews.com
You might also like:
- Jewish-American Contractor Imprisoned in Cuba may have Cancer
- Wife campaigns to release husband from Cuban jail
- Judith Gross Sues U.S. Government, Contractor on Husband Alan’s Behalf
- Cuba seeks 20-year prison sentence for alleged Jewish-American spy Alan Gross
- Cuba’s Jewish leaders visit jailed Alan Gross for Hanukkah