For Yom Haatzmaut, Israel Independence Day, here is how you may legitimately add to your siddur using a “liturgical loophole.”
The Artscroll Siddur has personal prayers for livelihood and for forgiveness that “during the silent Shemoneh Esrei one may insert” into the paragraph of shema koleinu (p. 108 in shacharit in some editions).
If you use that siddur, or any prayerbook, and if you do wish to follow the advice therein, our recommendation is that you upgrade your prayerbook as follows.
Since you may insert an additional prayer into the standard formula of the Shemoneh Esrei, make your supplication special – a prayer for livelihood and forgiveness – and especially for the welfare of the State of Israel. Each day, three-times-a-day (according to the Artscroll editors) you can insert the “personal” prayer into your Amidah prayers. So, why not just do it? Insert the broad, meaningful, timely and powerful liturgy at the appointed location — the Prayer for the State of Israel.
Read More: @ tzvee.blogspot.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- hashem shema tefilati lyrics (3)
- jewish prayer for livelihood recited during silent shemoneh esreh (3)
- shacharit how to pray (2)
- shiva shacharit (2)
- Shemoneh Esrei Amidah Prayer shema koleinu (1)
- SHEMO-NEH-ESREH PRAYER (1)
- shmone esrei to snitch (1)
- shema tranalation by Rabbi yaakov yosef iskowitz (1)
- shema koleinu interlinear translation (1)
- amidah poem (1)
- prayer livelihood forgiveness shema koleinu (1)
- jewish prayer for livelihood recited during silent shemoneh esrei (1)
- can you hold a baby during shmoneh esrei (1)
- book of the shemoneh errei (1)
- Birnbaum FIFTY SUGGESTIONS FOR CONCENTRATING DURING PRAYER (1)
- benedictions for snitches in the jewish prayer book (1)
- where to find the shemoneh esrel in the siddur read for yom kippur (1)
You might also like: