Planning for a Jewsih wedding can be exciting and stressful at the same time. Aside from the usual wedding details, the bride and groom need to consider important factors with regard to the wedding ceremony. Whether you’re planning for an Orthodox, Conservative or Reform wedding, the list below will help you plan for a beautiful and meaningful Jewish wedding.
- Choose your location. You can choose a synagogue, hotel, or restaurant depending on the mood that you want to create on your wedding day.
- Choose a wedding date. Weddings should not be held during Shabbat, Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashanah, Shavout, Passover, Sukkot and in all fasting days. It is best to check a Jewish calendar first before selecting a wedding date.
- Choose a Rabbi. You can visit local congregations or contact rabbinical schools when looking for a Rabbi to officiate your wedding.
- Select a Huppah. A huppah is a wedding canopy where the ceremony will be done. Choose a huppah that will suit your wedding theme.
- Prepare a Ketubbah (wedding contract).
- For an Orthodox wedding, use only plain wedding bands. The ring should be worn on the right hand’s index finger.
- Prepare a glass for the groom to break at the end of the wedding ceremony. Breaking of the glass is one of the many Jewish wedding traditions to be observed.
- Prepare for a room where the newlyweds can stay for yichud (union).
- Give careful attention to the veiling ritual. This is an important Jewish wedding tradition in which the groom veils the face of the bride. The cover is then removed at the end of the ceremony. This ritual is known as Badeken.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- jewish ceremonies WEDDING (6)
- picture of a jewish wedding (4)
- jewish wedding synagogue (4)
- jewish wedding pics (3)
- jewish bride and groom in synagogue (3)
- June Wedding Details (3)
- PERNIKAHAN YAHUDI (2)
- reform jewish wedding ceremony (2)
- wedding ceremony poition jewish (2)
- the jewish wedding ceremony (2)
- marriage of jews (2)
- thing for a jewih wedding (1)
- selecting a temple for your jewish wedding (1)
- things in a jewish wedding (1)
- things to consider in a jewish ceremony (1)
- Pictures of Jewish things (1)
- things to do when planning a wedding (1)
- traditional jewish wedding veil images (1)
You might also like: