The Torah study hall in Itamar is a prefabricated building: utilitarian, cold, harshly lit, and casually situated on a rocky incline exposed to the elements. In the front of the hall is “Rabbi Udi’s” usual table, which on Sunday turned into a memorial to Udi Fogel.
Fogel had prayed right here with his students on Friday night, and was murdered in his home with his wife Ruti and three of their children several hours later.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Pope pays his respects at Rome site of Holocaust-era massacre
- U.S. rabbi gets rare permission to visit Yitzhak Hall at Tomb of Patriarchs
- Kristallnacht memorial stolen from Jewish cemetery in Germany
- NYPD Takes Immediate Action After Officer Demands Jewish Pedestrian Write On Shabbos
- Jewish leaders dismayed by Benedict’s defense of Nazi-era pope