The New York Times announced that it has merged with Tzvee’s Talmudic Blog to form “The New York Times Talmudic Blog.”
The Times was already known as a premier Jewish newspaper in the city with high visibility Jewish editorial writers like Tom Friedman, Roger Cohen and Paul Krugman and Israeli news bureau chief Jodi Rudroren.
“We lacked Talmudic depth of analysis,” said Arthur Sulzberger Jr., Chairman & Publisher of the Times. “This merger with the Talmudic blog will fill in that lacuna in our content.”
Tzvee Zahavy, Chairman & Publisher of the Talmudic Blog said, “Contrary to some popular opinion in the Talmud blogosphere, we always liked the Times’ Jewish stories and its coverage of Israeli politics.” In Talmudic style he added, “Sometimes we vehemently objected to the Times and everything that it stands for. This merger will advance the ability of the Times’ Jewish writers to seek out new modes of conflicted Jewish identity.”
Read More: @ tzvee.blogspot.com
You might also like:
- New from Talmudic Books: Tzvee Zahavy, “God Bless You: The Origins of Jewish Prayers and Blessings – Kindle Edition”
- USA Today Faith & Reason: AntiSemitism and the Gifford Shooting – with link to Tzvee
- Soncino English Talmud Sanhedrin with Important Content
- Is Einstein’s Physics of Relativity Jewish?
- The Haggadah as an American Best Seller