Talmudic Books has published Soncino Babylonian Talmud Sanhedrin – the classic English edition of this important tractate.
My son Yitz reminded me that my father, Rabbi Dr. Zev Zahavy, who passed away on May 1, 2012, used to say that Sanhedrin was his favorite Talmud tractate.
Here is the book description, adapted from the Introduction:
The word Sanhedrin designates the higher courts of law which in the latter part of the period of the Second Temple administered justice in Israel according to the Mosaic law in the more serious criminal, and especially capital, cases. The main subject of this tractate is the composition, powers, and functions of these courts. Incidentally, as is only natural, it deals in some detail with the conduct of criminal cases; and in this way it forms, along with Makkoth, the chief repository of the criminal law of the Talmud.
Read More: @ tzvee.blogspot.com
You might also like:
- New Publication Soncino English Talmud Sanhedrin with Important Content
- My Translation and Re-Publication of Tractate Hullin: My Siyyum Hadran Promise to the Talmud
- My Translation and Re-Publication of Bavli Hullin: Keeping My Siyyum Hadran Promise to the Talmud
- Our new cover for our Kindle ebook “Kosher Prayers”
- Erica Brown’s Encomium of the Virtues of the Talmud