Misaskim is pleased to announce the implementation of a new initiative that has been developed to meet the needs of the community during emergencies that may arise on Shabbos or Yom Tov. Under the new system, Misaskim’s emergency hotline which until now was answered 24/6, will now be monitored on Shabbos and Yom Tov. The emergency hotline will be answered on Shabbos and Yom Tov by a team of trained and knowledgeable non-Jews who have been hired for this purpose.
Over the years, a number of tragedies have occurred on Shabbos or Yom Tov, during which time the assistance of non-Jews has proved invaluable in assisting the families involved and in preserving kavod hames by avoiding nivul hames.
Read More: @ yiddishnayes.com
You might also like:
- Young Israel Sets Up Charity Fund For The Haifa Fire Emergency
- NYC Council members Host Emergency Meeting With Yeshiva Administrators To Try To Save Priority 7
- Tosher Rebbe Will Appear In Shul For The First Time Since He Left The Hospital
- Orthodox Jewish families move From High Priced NY To Michigan
- Lakewood Police Officer Detains Hatzolah Member While Responding To Emergency