The typical leader of a Jewish organization in the US is male, middle-aged and earns hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, according to a survey published by The Forward on Friday.
Yeshiva University President Richard Joel topped the list of earners in the Jewish sphere, making $848,176, followed by Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Simon Wiesenthal Center at $721,714 and Stephen Hoffman, the president of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland, who took home $644,518.
The male-female ratio remained tilted toward the former, with men making up 88 percent of the top leadership.
The highest-paid woman was Jennifer Gorovitz, CEO of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, who earns $305,000 – considerably less than males in similar positions.
Read More: @ jpost.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- AllJewishLinks.com Newsletter Issue #8 December 14, 2011
- Azerbaijani President, Israeli Dignitaries, Inaugurate New Jewish School
- Two California lawmakers introduce bill to prevent circumcision ban
- Rahm Emanuel has commanding lead in Chicago mayoral race
- Nourish your soul and pick up a ‘Launchbox’ today