The leftist pro-Israel lobby J Street launched a petition and letter writing campaign on Sunday calling on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to treat J Street and other pro-peace movements as allies.
The Knesset committee is scheduled to debate this Wednesday whether J Street is sufficiently “committed” to Israel to be called a pro-Israel organization.
J Street President Jeremy Ben-Ami, who arrived in Israel in order to participate in the debate, said in a letter that the petition is intended to convince Netanyahu “that it’s time to embrace our movement as an ally of Israel and to abandon efforts to push those who disagree with the government’s policy out of the communal tent.”
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- J St–Jewish lobbyists (4)
- information about j street lobbying (1)
- israeli parliament and jewish lobby (1)
- J Street Isaerl Knesset debate March 2011 (1)
- j street knesset debate (1)
- jeremy ben ami knesset (1)
- jeremy ben-ami sarah palin (1)
- Jstreet at the Knesset haaretz article March 254th (1)
You might also like:
- Progressive groups petition to institute civil marriage
- Top US Jews Urge PM to Make ‘Sacrifices for Peace’
- Gilad Shalit reunites with family at IDF base following return to Israel
- Israel must present two-state plan or prepare for violence, J Street warns
- World Jewish leader to Obama: Is U.S. committed to Israel’s security?