Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu must present a concrete plan for a two-state solution to Congress this month or face the prospect of fresh violence, J Street head Jeremy Ben Ami warned yesterday.
Ben-Ami, who directs the left-wing version of the American pro-Israel AIPAC lobby, said Netanyahu was “trying to build momentum” to stall a Palestinian plan to seek United Nations backing for statehood in September.
He told Reuters that he thought the only way to effectively delay the plan and reduce tensions stoked by surrounding Arab uprisings was for Netanyahu to chart a clear path to a two-state deal.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Palestinian UN diplomat: Palestinians prefer peace treaty with Israel by September
- Fayyad to request $5 billion to launch Palestinian state
- UN report: Palestinian Authority is paving the way to statehood
- Netanyahu to travel next week to London and Paris
- Clinton to join 2nd round of talks in Sharm, Jerusalem