This collection focuses on the eight major holidays in the Jewish year, starting with the weekly celebration of Shabbat and ending with Shavout, the festival that marks the giving of the Ten Commandments to Moses. Each section begins with a lively retelling of the Bible story connected to the featured holiday, followed by an explanation of how the holiday is celebrated, and closing with directions and recipes for making holiday-related crafts and food. This family treasury is written in the Jewish storytelling tradition and is meant to be shared by families throughout the year.
This item is sold by:
Note: AllJudaica.com is owned by Rosenblum’s World of Judaica, which is one of the oldest Judaica stores in the United States. Their store has been open for over 75 years!
Direct link: http://www.alljudaica.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4351
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Francine Prince’s New Jewish Cuisine
- The Children’s Book of Jewish Holidays
- Hanukkah, 2nd Edition: The Family Guide to Spiritual Celebration
- Joan Nathan’s Jewish Holiday Cookbook: Revised and Updated on the Occasion of the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the Publication of the Jewish Holiday Kitchen
- Tastes of Jewish Tradition